Thursday 12 December 2013

Winter Sewing : Introducing a new pattern and a freebie!





I love a good winter project to keep me occupied over the dark cold nights, and so I've been enjoying sewing again. (though my sore fingers are telling me I am very out of practise!)
With that in mind I've set to work to come up with a few designs available as a downloadable pdf pattern, so that if you love a good wintery project too then there will be a few nature inspired ones available just for you!
The first pdf pattern that I'd like to introduce is this fabric stag head, designed as a cushion/softie/plushie for your wall, shelf or favourite chair!
I'm delighted with the way the stag has turned out and have to say I really enjoyed making this.
 The pattern comes as a 12 page pdf  ..all the details can be found here.
There are 5 embroidery stitches in the included stitch "library", but I chose running stitch as the main component of the hand stitching...I love this stitch..so simple and very therapeutic...the repetitive motion of weaving the needle in and out. Love it!




The pattern is now available in my shop here , there is a special  30% introductory discount available till Christmas ...simply type in at the check out:
WINTER13

And enough of the sale talk! Below I've created a sweet little embroidery design for you to print for FREE and get jiggy with if you feel the stitchery wintery urge. Simply click on the image and then "save as"  to your computer for printing. If I've got my calculations right (which is always debatable) the size provided should fit a 6 x 6" embroidery hoop.
Enjoy!!!x