Sunday 9 September 2012

Treasuring you...Today I...



Today I.....stitched a stag!




Its the start of the month again..time for "treasuring you.."
                                               
I've seen a few posts featuring lists of  "(number corresponding to age) things to do before I turn (age of next birthday)" and thought yep, thats a good one to put in my little book  because next week I'm about to have a birthday which will be the last one in my 30's (eek!).

However on sitting down I could only come up with 16 things I wanted to do/achieve before I turn the big 40, and half of those were all lame half hearted "aspirations"  (like read one book and get my hair cut!)..which lead me to think either I am a) incredibly dull with no imagination or ambition or b) quietly content with my lot......

Nah!
My final decision lay on c) which was : advanced planning never has been my cup of tea...I'm a wing it kind of girl, let the desires and aspirations reveal themselves as I go along...
Its served me well till now anyway!

So giving that list the old heave ho ...I decided to keep it simple and mark the mini milestones and 50 lives lived in one day by documenting... Today I......

Marvelled as my little tomboy daughter twirled in her new ballet outfit looking ever so pink and girly. Wore my green skinny jeans and got called "elfety elfety elf elf elf"! Hoovered, cleaned, squished spider webs. Nagged. Caught myself nagging. Stopped nagging. Belly laughed at the story of a sweet sister who prided herself on looking like Axl Rose. Couldn't find a pen. Attempted writing 40 things to do before I'm 40, came up with 16. Moved on!
Pushed and climbed, pulled and lifted, chased and birled at the Peter Pan park. Picnicked. Kissed a knee, stroked a cheek, wiped some tears. Smiled in the sunshine in a t-shirt in September. Breathed in the fresh air.Felt grateful. Restrained from having an ice cream..only to have it later. Sprayed and stitched. Ate a yummy tea cooked for me. Watched the film  Fantastic Mr Fox. Decided that this is my most favourite film. Hugged and laughed and tickled and kissed. Sighed and relaxed. Retreated to my fave place (the attic= my  creative space) Rediscovered The Doors, transported back to teenage-ness. Played "Skinny love" (bon Iver) over and over. Swooned. Stitched  a stag. Laughed. Kissed. Supped on a wee g&t . Hand embroidered and dreamed...


the offending green jeans.....love them! Also love how my book matches the wall! :)


When I see the little minutae written down like that it helps me realise just how magnificently different and wonder-FULL each and every day is! And how sweet and good life is :)
So what about you? What has filled your day so far? .. what many little moments have made today a good day to be here right now?  I'd love it if you shared :)x