Sunday 1 July 2012

Treasuring you....

                          
                                
 I've been deliberating over doing a little feature "treasuring you"  for a looong time and its been my poor record of keeping to my bloggy word (as life always has other notions) that kept stopping me..but recently I feel I've become a bit half hearted and complacent towards the bloggy world....and it felt like time....to commit and step up. All right! (said with fist pump!) 

OK..so whats it all about?
Well....You know I make books right? Big ones and small ones, fabric and board ones, recycled and new ones...but most of all JOY ones!


I like to think they will be used to fill with all the sweet moments of life, reasons to be joyful, precious memories, belly laugh instances, adventures had...all the little happenings in life that make up the story of you...
And this "story".. I reckon is to be treasured....
well heck.... CELEBRATED!
Honoured, acknowledged  and shared (even if its just the paper that gets to see!)

If life has taught me one thing...especially through midwiferying and travelling...its that people are fascinating, incredible, resiliant, and NEVER fail to surprise....there are so many stories, laughs, tears and experiences all woven into the people we are today...tomorrow another adventure lies awaiting...another tale to unravel...

                                        

So I wonder if you would consider joining  me and start (if you've not already) acknowledging the treasures in YOU...the story of you so far :)

You'll need : a book!
I reckon it should be a special one  (after all this is to celebrate all that is YOU!)  ..so you can buy one especially, or make one..these links might help:
Joy journal tutorial 
recycled books guide 
book making kits 
     

And the next bit  : start remembering.....writing....drawing....sticking....
Documenting all the things that make you YOU!
Nothing is too frivolous, too big or too small...
it could be your favourite ever pair of shoes..your most proudest achievement...
a moment when you laughed until you cried, a step you took despite your biggest fears, the things that make you feel at "home", cherished spaces in time, what made you sigh contentedly today
What ever it is...make your mark...

I warn you once you start...it really IS like opening the floodgates (in a GOOD way!) :)

The end result: well it never really ends does it....but there will be a book full of moments of you so far... :) 
An amazing memoir.. glimpses that glimmer the WHOLE of you...a legacy worth treasuring that's for sure....
And for the duration it will be a blast remembering and getting creative with it....


My intention is to share some moments and glimpses from my "treasuring book" at the start of every month...this helps makes me accountable for actually sticking to my word :) I'm also hoping that this may help prompt/inspire you... as I would REALLY like this to be about YOU too.
I would be extremely honoured and delighted if YOU felt like sharing a glimpse of your treasures too..whether it be in the comments section or actually emailing me a little tale or some pics, of what tickles you, of where you have been or are heading too. And I can share that here too.....ooh imagine a blog FULL of treasures :)

Otherwise it'll all be about me me me...well I guess I can live with that ..but can you?! hehe!

You can email me at : loveandpeas(at)hotmail.co.uk
or simply leave a comment below....

I'll be back in a few days with my first little tale....

Let the TREASURING begin :)xx