Thursday 1 July 2010

We're all going on a summer holiday!



I'm really looking forward to the holiday we're heading for on Saturday...a week in the Borders with the "Blair clan" to celebrate my mum and dads 40th wedding anniversary...40 years!!! Blooows my mind!!
It'll be so nice! My brother and sister and their families are coming ...a big house with lots of little people running around (ages from 1yr to 11) and a great granny too! Can't beat families! Can't beat picnics in the rain either, and walks in wellies! (yep, scottish summer is truly under way!! and it has been so nice up till now!)
I'v attached the little funny painting i made as a gift for me maw and paw...its their old passport photos from when they flew to America on their honeymoon 40 whole years ago! I sooooo love the photos. It really tugged at my heartstrings looking into the eyes of who they once were, the hopes and dreams of what was to come....soooo young! I hope they look back 40 years on with a great deal of happy memories and love...I know i surely do!
And so moving from longevity and age i want to just write about the wisdom that sprang from my 11year old the otherday...
Maia was describing how she came across a four leaf clover which was the perfect parting gift to give her teacher who was leaving for a new school. Stuart (my lovely partner) commented that he has never ever found one...Maia immediately remarked "you don't find four leaf clovers...they find you".....
aaaah,so wise and they don't even know it! XX


2 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great holiday with all the kids and a granny too! :) I like your art, I hope you'll share some more with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what she said- they find u! ;)

    ReplyDelete