Saturday 7 June 2014

A recent reminder

You'll proabably start to notice the blog posts start to get a bit thin from now on...summer is on its way (yay!) and the school summer activites have begun,starting with a dry sports day yesterday!  My oh my!
I've been continuing on the sewing bonanza, which I will share with you soon.....I really can't wait! 
For now I'll show you the mixed media stitched piece I did last week when I needed a reminder...Exciting things are on the horizon for my family (not business related)  and I really have to let go and trust that it will all work out despite the little voice that says don't count your chickens until they are hatched....
So "let go" has been my mantra..... a good one to live by I would say!

I found a geometric pad full of  Stu's calculations when he was studying  architecture a few years ago... I thought it reflected perfectly the very limited part of me that was trying to figure everything out. (without much luck...because I have no control over it! Darn) So you can see a little of that in the background. 
I used acrylic paint and a few stencils I'd cut out on top and then hand embroidered the letters.
It now hangs right in front of me when I sit down in my studio to sew....... x

2 comments:

  1. I love this! The message, colour scheme and texture from the shapes and elements is just wonderful :)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou Helen...it's certainly helping me remember! :)x

    ReplyDelete