Monday 25 March 2013

The makings of a wedding album


I've finally finished a long overdue promise...a wedding album for the dearest and most adorable couple. I'm very biased of course, having seen the beautiful bride grow from a little girl...but also knowing the trials these 2 have been through made me feel very blessed and priviledged indeed, to get to make them something special.
I did spend most of the time wanting to squidge those gorgeous wee cheeks of theirs ...but that just heightens even more, how old I  feel now that the little girl is big enough to get married!

So.....the makings of a wedding album....
Of course begins with two dear hearts very much in loooove....

A mixture of textures, vintage linen , mixed with broderie anglais and tilda fabric.... keeping it pale with a splash of my "go to colour" blue/turquoise. I've started stitching on applique "leafy swirly bits"  for the background to capture the trees  and the setting they were married in.

The spine of the book is stitched in place, and all the fabric pieces of the background are sewn together. More appliqued leafy swirly bits have been added ... and of course the glowing bride and groom!
I added a little bit of blue watercolour to the background so you could see the dress better...there's a little bit of leakage but that's ok!


More water colour added and hand embroidered details too (LOVING the kilt!)......now we're ready to attach this whole piece to thick board to make the front and back cover..and then bind in the pages.





I promise to share the binding and cardboard sticking some other time ..it's the messy and not very pretty stage (and where I didn't have enough hands to carry out AND take photos!)

I look forward to handing this over, knowing that its going to be filled with some real treasured moments.
And now it only seems fitting to end with a proper "awwww" inducing moment....
how is this for love...the groom completely designed, sewed and made the bride's dress! swoon :)xx



12 comments:

  1. Oh! What a great idea, like all neatly done, pleasing to the eye! Tell me please (if possible)))) - the name of your sewing machine? Sorry for my english :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yulia, thankyou for your kind words :)The sewing machine is a Toyota Jeans machine...it's just a simple machine that does all the basic stitches...I just lower the feed dogs so I can do the free sewing.Hope that helps! x

      Delete
  2. How lovely to create something to be treasured forever for such a special couple. I enjoyed seeing your process and loved your descriptions of your methods. I am sure they will love it, how could they not! The groom made the dress!!! incredible. Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou Jayne! So sweet isn't it..trying to imagine my Stu grappling with a sewing machine :)x

      Delete
  3. What a lot of love and care - they are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they think so :) Thankyou Abigail :)x

      Delete
  4. You are so talented - thoroughly enjoyed seeing how you go about things - fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful keepsake for the bride and groom. Happy Eaaster :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy easter to you to Tracey and thanks for your lovely comment :)x

      Delete