My fabbiest christmas present this year, super bass thumping head phones from my lovely Stu!
I realise I am far from alone when I say music is my soul food. But ahhhh, soul food it is!
I thank my Dad for that, as his love of music filled my heart and mind from day one. The desire to seek joy and hidden heavens in music has never left since.
And so as a result trying to remember a memory or emotion without one melody or another attached to it is virtually impossible....My life story so far has been stored in my mind in the format of a GIGANTIC mix tape :)
If you said "at the breakfast table as a little one on a summers morn" I'd say "Isn't she lovely" by Stevie Wonder .....
If you said "heading for the ski slopes with a concealed hangover from my parents" I'd say "Black Betty" by Ram Jam....
Christmas wearing a rara skirt and wishing I had Granny boots?..... "The Final Countdown" by Europe...
The birth of my first daughter?.... "Yellow" Cold Play
I could go on... :)
And so...inspired by the lovely Michele from Pipi La la who documented 5 words to capture her 2010, I'm documenting 5 songs!
1) Bombay Bicycle Club- " Always Like This" ....... painting walls, house reno, new year, spring, hope, family travels
2) Mike Snow - "Animal" ........ love, sorrow, big changes, friendships, souls sister, summer, strawberry tarts
3) Biffy Clyro - "Many of horrors" ........ reminder, renewed hope, spring blooms emerging, picnics (how on earth did X Factor end up with this song?!)
4) Arcade Fire -Wake up ....... live concert, sparkling frost, cold cold winter, unity, awesome, heart
5) Reflekt - "Need to feel loved"..... taking flight, soaring high, open, love (the desire to fling my arms in the air and dance will will never grow old!!)
"Good music" is so subjective, but these are all tunes that have accompanied me on the journey of my heart in 2010.....the highs and lows......and are now neatly stored in my mix tape mind :)
Such a fun exploration of songs and memories, thankyou for letting me indulge.....
I'm so curious to know what would be on your sound track of 2010?!