Saturday 13 November 2010

AEDM # 13

I am in the throes of creating... business cards, labels, blardy blar... so I'll save you from having to look at row upon row of my name and share some art that warms the cockles of my heart and inspires me so...

Ellen Giggenbach paints the paper she uses and cuts out all these intricate details to make some gorgeous works. My mind boggles at how fiddly some of her work must be...



Heather Patterson takes her inspiration from the natural world and layers geographical patterns and forms....the colours are just simply divine!

And lastly but certainly not least PLEASE go and check the wonderful world of Dallas Clayton who has written the most awe-ispiring book for kids that will fill your heart with warmth and smiles. You can read the whole book here....I wholeheartedly recommend it..then buy one :)

6 comments:

  1. Three very very time consuming links. Thanks for sharing.
    I don't think I could have ever had a dream so big to do the papercutting that Ellen does... or the color combining that heather does... or the colorful dreaming that Dallas does....
    Or, of course, the dreams of your Ellie-Phant Bellies. Can't wait to see what you dream up for your cards and lables.
    It's so good that everyone has different dreams so none of the dreams are passed by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so beautiful work to go and drool over, particulalry the second one. Thanks so much for sharing the links :D

    Good luck with the design work :D

    Nutty
    (who has to do something similar in the future)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even more blogs to see! Thank you! (am intrigued by the book cover and am running right over as soon as I comment here).

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME book. I know some grandkids who will love it! As will a Daughter who teaches early grades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful post - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous inspiration from two talented artists! And the book is indeed awesome. I love it! Thx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete