Sunday 7 April 2013

swooning over Michelle Morin

Gilded nest

I wanted to share the incredible work of Michelle Morin. If you haven't had the fortune of stumbling upon her work..you are in for a treat! It's the detail and patterns within the detail that draws me in the most..like painted pieces of fabric all glued together to form a stunning and intricate mosaic. Oh yes I'm a gonner..hook, line and sinker!
Exotic moth

Dove diamond
peacock platter

Five whales stacked
I'm really being drawn to whales at the moment, and this piece fuels that urge to create something whale-like..the charm and character of each beauty just jumps out at you!
You can see more of her beautiful work on her website, own a piece of art from her shop, or catch up with what she's upto on her blog.
Amazing right?! :)x                                                                                                                                                     

7 comments:

  1. I love the butterfly. The rest of the photos showing to me as a ?...
    I will take an other look at them later. Maybe they will be good.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Melanie says, the butterfly is beautiful! However, the rest of the pictures are also not showing to me, when I click on them this comes up;
    http://www.michellemorinart.com/picture/fivewhales3.jpg?pictureId=13533173

    I will take another look later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies for letting me know, I've made some changes, so hopefully you can see the images now..they are definitely worth seeing! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny, I had trouble last night viewing the images but when I revisited this morning they showed up. They are gorgeous and I can see why you love them so much. They are so delicate and the colour palette is such a 'you'. Popping over to look at her shop and blog. Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,
    These are beautiful...thank you for sharing. Those whales have me captivated... :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. So intricate. It kind of makes you look, double take and look again. Especially that dove diamond. I'm in a bird phase - kinda hard not to be eventually, living with a bird keeper. But it's the skulls and skeletons that are fascinating me and filling my sketch book at mo.

    ReplyDelete